Friday, March 26, 2010

ATL > HOU

I'm sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting for my flight to Buenos Aires, and I must say--best airport ever! You know how Nordstrom has a pianist? Same thing, right here in the food court in the international terminal. Also? Free internet. Take that, Houston! They are owning us! They even have Nasa photos of outerspace in the hallway.

I think most people want to hide their embarassing behavior. Not me. When I do something really stupid I feel a need to share with other people, not sure why. It probably only makes people think I'm not very smart, but it's strangely cathartic for me to be able to share my screw ups. So, I'll let you in on the latest one. I'm flying Delta to Argentina, and for some unknown reason I have had it in my mind since I purchased the ticket that my flight is out of Bush. Tiffany's boyfriend graciously drove me out to the (much farther) airport this afternoon, but when I tried to check in the airline couldn't find my flight information. You know why? Because I was at the WRONG airport! You would think at some point before I leave for my 14 hour international flight I would have double-checked the airport information, but nope, sure didn't. So, hopped in a cab and drove to the airport that is conveniently located a mere 15 minutes from my house. My one saving grace today? I left for the airport extra early, so I was not in a rush!

Hopefully this will not set the tone for the rest of our trip--Tiffany and I have been known to make substantially more mistakes as a team than we do individually, so keep your fingers crossed for us!

2 comments: